Saturday, July 09, 2005

What You'll Wish You'd Known

What You'll Wish You'd Known: Is a talk Paul Graham was going to give at a High School, but never did. Its probably worth reading by you graduates that read my blog (or by anyone for that matter). In addition to stating that, I figured I'd also show this quote - which explains me very well. :)
"Now I know a number of people who do great work, and it's the same with all of them. They have little discipline. They're all terrible procrastinators and find it almost impossible to make themselves do anything they're not interested in. One still hasn't sent out his half of the thank-you notes from his wedding, four years ago. Another has 26,000 emails in her inbox."
That's another great thing about my job. I'm so busy, and required to do so much, that I'll never be able to get everything done. Everyone realizes it. So for the most part... I work on stuff that I find interesting. Yeah, I have to do short things (like code reviews, and sometimes work on a standards page for 30 minute sor something) that aren't all that fun or interesting... but overall, I get to pick my own course. I get to work on what I feel is important. And that is usually what I think is interesting. So again, very cool.

No comments: