Saturday, July 30, 2005

VI - a great place for free food

So... following up on the Score - Free Strawberry Pie story. Tina and I were both tired the other night... maybe Thursday? Anyway, neither of us felt like cooking and Jaime wasn't home, so we decided to just go to Gunther Tood's or VI. They are basically across from each other, so we headed over and decided at the last minute to go to VI.

So we eat and with the "free strawberry pie" episode fresh in our minds, Tina looks over and sees the check sitting on the table and asks, "Did he offer us pie?". "Nope." - we both grin. Then Tina finishes eat and the waiter stops back by,

W: "Would you like some dessert?"
T: "Ah... we were hoping to get it free. But you asked"
W: "Heh heh heh... yeah, I'm not going to let that happen!"
T: "Ah, you should give it to us free anyway."
W: "No way" and he laughs and takes our order.

So he brings it out and says "Something is up with the computer and it won't let me add the pie, so I guess you get it free anyway!" - SCORE.

And then we finish and take the ticket up to the register. The manager asks how everything was. Great. Then goes to ring us out.

M: Something is wrong with this ticket.
T: Yeah, that is what the waiter said.

So he messes with stuff and I had him my credit card.

M: This has already been paid by a credit card.

So he calls the waiter over, and they look at stuff for a while, with plenty of "Sorry about the wait" - "Sorry this is taking so long" type comments. Which really didn't matter because it was only a few minutes and we were in no rush.

Finally he says, "Well - I can't figure out what to do. So I guess the meal is on us." So we got the meal for free. SCORE AGAIN.

I'm telling you, I think I'm eating at VI from now on. The last two visists we've gotten something free, and its getting better. I thinking next time they'll pay us. ;)

No comments: