Monday, January 01, 2007

Vacation

Its been a great time off. The blizzard was a bit of a hiderance: we are now into week 3 of waiting for our new fridge which was supposed to arrive in 2 days, and we missed going to my brother's house the day after Christmas; but its also been a blessing: Jaime and I spent pretty much two solid days just haning out and playing X*box-360. We are so busy in our normal lives (work, riding the bike, jaime hanging with Michael, doing youth leader stuff, etc.) not to mention all of that plus more during the holidays, that we don't get that much time to spend together. So - being stuck in the house and having to spend time together was a hugh blessing for me.

Not much blogging or email - because I pretty much stayed off the computer. Getting on the computer usually leads to doing some work - so by staying off it pretty much completely, I was able to really get away from work. Which was a good thing, since 2007 is shaping up to be a very busy year for us. Tons of work - not enough people. Although it looks like we might actually HIRE some folks - which we haven't done *forever*. So that would be very cool.

So - its been a good time off, and I'm not looking forward to going back - but I've got 6 weeks off this year, so I should get plenty of time of touring around on the bike and getting away from work. So its all good.

No comments: