Saturday, November 30, 2002

Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving was pretty cool. We went up to "the Wagner's" (my brothers). He is a firefigther and his station is right across the street. His wife and I cooked most of the dinner (which is cool, since I love to cook) and then "the guys" came over when it was ready. Since they have to be able to respond quickly, they brought an engine and... rescue truck I think. Dinner went well (started at about 2:20) and then after we were going around the table doing the traditional "name 3 things you are thankful for". We just got past my brother and were up to the first fire-fighter (besides my brother) when the pager went off. They all ran out to their trucks, hit the lights/sirens, and blasted out of his drive way. Typical fire department holiday. :-)
I was a volunteer (with my wife) for 4 years, so the scene is pretty typical.
They came back after a bit and spent some more time at home, but then had to be on standby at the station due to the possibility of mutual aid.
Ate lots of food, watched the game (Dallas' defense scored 19 points for me in fantasy football. Very cool), hung out with family and friends. A good time!
Things I was thankful for:
  • My wife and kids, who are so awesome
  • That I'm working with the youth - Fusion Worship - which is just an awesome experience for me
  • That Steve and his family are going to our church - seeing them serve, him play drums, etc. Very cool

No comments: