Monday, November 11, 2002

Yellow Curry Chicken
Since I've been asked for my recipies before, I figured I'd start putting them out here, whenever I get around to trying something new. I was in the mood for curry Friday night, so I went to the store to pick up some ingredients, and found some stuff from Thai Kitchen. I didn't follow their recipie exactly, and what I made turned out very good, although pretty mild. I used a small whole chicken cut-up (next time I'll use boneless chicken breast - faster and better) and 1/2 teaspoon curry paste (since it was so mild). I also like the flavor of yellow more then green or red, hence the yellow curry powder.

14 oz Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
1/2 t Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste
1 1/2 t Yellow Curry Power

Pour coconut milk into a large sauce pan and whisk in curry paste and powder. Cook over medium heat (stirring once in a while) for 5 minutes.

2 lbs bonless skinless chicken breasts, cut in cubes
1/4 lb green beans, snapped in about inch long pieces
Can Garbanzo beans - not sure size, about 14oz
1 medium onion chopped into 1/2 pieces
1 Cup chicken broth

Add the rest of the ingredients to the curry sauce, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the chicken is done, about 10 minutes.

Serve with white rice. Simple and fast! This would also be great with Thia Eggplant in the curry, if you can find it

No comments: