Tuesday, October 22, 2002

FF7 : 3-4
As I slip further in the standings. Lost this week, 47 to 58. I had 50 points as of Sunday night, but somehow lost 3 more points once they came out with the official score. The other team was 8 points behind, with the Steelers defense to play Monday night... which did really well.

At this point my only players that consistently score for me are Morten Andersen(K) and Clinton Portis(RB), and my defense (Saints or Cowboys) do OK. But I'm not going to win much with a RB, K and defense. :-} Culpepper continues to get pretty good reviews from the NFL Fantasy gurus, and Randy Moss continues to be ranked as the #1 WR... although with giving me scores like 8 points this week, I'm not sure why. In an effort to pick up another good RB, I dropped Jamel White - who hadn't been doing much for me, and picked up Mike Alscott, who scored 25 points last week. This week he score -1 and Jamel White scored 15. Sigh.... And John Davis, who had been doing OK, scored 1 point before he got injured and left the game.

I've been missing when some of my players, like Culpepper do well... so I think I'm going to stick with playing them all the time, on the off chance they do well once in a while and I win at least something.

I'm now near the bottom of the league, w/o much chance of a wildcard spot (based on my overall score). My only chance is to win the division, where I'm currently in 3rd: 5-2, 4-3, 3-4 and 1-6. So, I'm only 2 games out of the lead... but with how I've been scoring lately, and how they've been scoring, it doesn't look good.

No comments: