Saturday, October 12, 2002

Integrity
I pull up to Captain D's to grab some dinner. Next to me is a working man's truck. No hood, primer everywhere, kind of beat up looking, a couple of hitches on the back.
I'm standing in line when a woman comes in and starts talking to a guy waiting for his food. They head outside.
I get my food and head out, and see them standing by his truck.
Him, laughing: Well I don't think you could hurt my truck.
Her, concern in her voice: Yeah, I probably hurt my car worse than your truck.
He looks at his truck, not even seeing a dent.
She wonders over and starts looking at her rather new looking car.
Not sure what happened... I'm guessing she pulled in and hit him somehow.
The thing that struck me the most was how decent it was of her to come in looking for the guy. Lots of people would have taken one look at the truck and just chalked it up. She didn't even scratch it, at least not that he could tell. And her car was probably messed up some. But she still went looking for him, because it was the right thing to do.

No comments: