Friday, January 06, 2006

Schneier on Security: Internet Explorer Sucks

MSIE was 98% unsafe. There were only 7 days in 2004 without an unpatched publicly disclosed security hole.
As a friend of mine posted, "Not that I havn't said this a thousand times, but IE Sucks." Yeah - no kidding. And here, is yet again, proof. It is 98% "unsafe" and that is "optimistic." Pretty much that means, if you are running IE you are just screaming to get hacked.

And yet again, for all those of you our there running IE... You really should install mozilla. (or firefox). Its safer (on windows it is 7% unsafe as compared to IE's 98%), and its a much better browswer with much more functionality. Again - the *only* time I run IE is when I have to because some site I have to use doesn't support Mozilla. And then, I only bring it up for as long as it takes me to get whatever I need done, and then bring it back down.

No comments: