Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Blogging can be career enhancing.

Traditionally I kind of ramble when I write. (Like that is news to anyone that reads this blog!). I always do very good on my performance reviews (praise God), but one thing my boss usually gives me constructive critisism on is my writting style. I could be more concise, less rambling, etc. Lately we've been exchaning information less via documents (of 100 to 600 pages) and more via the wiki... which is a collection of pages.

Yesterday on my review he said my writting was getting much better and he thinks it is because of the nature of the wiki. I think it is partly that... but I think it may also be because I'm blogging. How cool if this "hobby"/"thing I do", actually has helped me at work.

So... all you other bloggers out there... when asked, "Are you just goofing around?", reply with, "No... I'm improving my writting skills". :-)

No comments: