Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Flat Tire

Friday, driving home from the movies and coming up powers, I hit *something*. I'm not sure what it was, but it made a big noise. I'm almost home when I turn the radio down low enough to actual hear something besides the music, and I hear a thump-thump-thump sound... That can't be good. I get home and air is leaking out of the tire. I spend the next hour or so changing the tire. (Yeah, mechanics is not my thing... although - hey, I changed it).

I take it to Firestone on Monday and they fix it along with some other things.

Me: hanging out in Firestone, waiting for them to finish
Mechanic: I'm not sure I can get this out. Points to metal rod sticking about 1/2 inch out of my tire.
Manager: Why?
Mechanic: Its stuck. I'm not sure what it is, but it isn't coming out.
Manager: Grabs it and tries to pull it out
Mechanic: leaves, returns with pliers
Manager: Grabs rod and starts pulling

I stand there and watch as it comes out an inch, then a few inches... and they just keep pulling. At last it is about 6 inches and it comes out.

Its a screwdriver! How bizzare!

No comments: