Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Yum

Up at Mellisa's wedding this weekend and Elizabeth was talking about this blog and mentioned that she likes my recipes. I hadn't created anything new for a bit, so I figured it was time to try something new: a) because I started work at 4:30 yesterday I figured I'd get off early and do some cooking, b) I was in the mood to make something new, c) the pressure was on to blog a new recipe. ;-)

Made Stuffed Proscuitto Chicken Breasts last night. I was going to make Tarragon Chicken with sauteed Leeks and Garlic, but the store was out of fresh Tarragon! I then remembered making a chicken/sage/proscuitto dish before. So, I figured I'd combine the sauce (pretty much) from the Tarragon Chicken dish and add in some cheese. I was going to just do provolone, but then I saw the Smokey Swiss and though that would add a nice flavor as well. I didn't use the garlic in the leek mixture this time. Probably would have worked... but I already had the leeks, shallots, sage, proscuitto and cheeses... Didn't want the flavors to get too overwhelming.

Elizabeth - thanks for the "pressure" - dinner turned out great!

No comments: