Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Reuters: Spanish Election Tests Bush's Global Coalition
"I don't think Bush's aim is to lead a coalition. His aim is to defeat terrorism. The loss of Spain as a partner is a substantial loss. But even if we have to fight terrorism alone, we have no choice but to fight," May said.
I agree we have no choice, and I think his aim is the right one.
"The people of Spain had every right to get rid of their government and I also have every right to say that they have made a terrible mistake and handed the terrorists a major victory," he said.

Now, three days after a series of train bombings killed 200 people, Spanish voters have thrown out a pro-Bush government and replaced it with one committed to withdrawing Spain's 1,300 troops from Iraq
Yeah, give in to them. That will help. So, if terrorists want anything else from Spain, they just kill another 200 people and the country gives in??? I don't get it.

No comments: