Monday, March 15, 2004

Clarification

Sunday someone asked me about the Winning the lost to Christ... NOT entry I had written. They were confused by it. When writing it I wondered if some might be, although I talked to Jaime and she understood it. If it was some smart-aleck post or something, I probably wouldn't bother clarifying... but the post was serious and the picture disturbed me when I saw it. So, I'll clarify.
  • I don't believe condemning the lost, going to events with picket signs, etc., wins any souls. I think it is worse than a waste of time, I think it hurts the cause, because it doesn't show Jesus' love, it shows hatred. Even if that isn't the intent, that is how it comes across. I'm not judging the people that do it, I'm just stating how I see it.
  • I understand the point of the picket sign is to say "God did not create homosexual unions, he created heterosexual marriages". I get that... But it can come across as hatred. And so I was just trying to state that God DID create every human being and that we are all His children... That is something we all need to keep in mind.
  • This isn't a pro-homosexual marriage statement. It is a pro-people statement. We all (no matter what the sin) are his children. We may not all be saved. But His desire is that we are. And it is our job, in fulfilling the great commission to try and lead ALL His children to him, not just the ones we don't have issues with.

A little deeper than my usual posts... but I thought it was worth discussing...

No comments: