Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Catching up

I've been incredibly busy lately... at least for me. So much so that I've barely had time to do more than [Blog This] once in a while. I took the day off work yesterday, just so I could get some "other" work done. Spent the morning working on the deposit and the quarterly taxes for church, and then the afternoon completeing my own taxes. ( "Good News! The IRS has accepted your Federal Tax Return" - woo hoo!) Finished up around 4:30, got around, and then headed up to Denver to the Pepsi Center to see Kelly and Clay. So... a bit of catching up.

I'm still to busy to blog too much, and I'm actually falling behind in my blog reading. Several people I follow regularly have posts which I haven't gotten to. Drag. Hopefully I'll get caught up.

"The Curtain" (our church Easter production) went pretty well. The very end was supposed to be 8 bars of a song, we'd cut the end (no ringing chords, cymbols, etc.) and the lights would cut. At exactly 4 bars (with 4 to go), the power in the sancutary went out. Everyone thought the sound guys cut 4 bars too early. Weird. Anyway, besides that all went very well. We are all exhaused now and Tina spent Monday pretty much sleeping all morning and laying around all afternoon.

Kelly and Clay. Surprisingly good. I was really doing the "Dad thing" by going. Not on the top of my "acts to see live"... but I knew Jaime would be thrilled. She was. BTW: One of my definitions of being a Dad: Taking your teen-age daughter somewhere that totally thrills her. It really doesn't matter how much YOU are into it... just watching the look on your daughter's face is what it is all about. So anyway, it was a really good show. Very clean (no swearing, etc.) - which is always nice. Clay is a little too much straight pop for me... but he is very good at what he does, so that was cool. Besides, you've got a thousand "Clay-mates" screaming at him the entire time, so that is kind of fun. And Kelly was really good. I really like the blues/soul stuff she does. Plus she did some... I don't know... Bette Midler is the best I can explain it, stuff. Not very American Idol (which is good). All in all, a very cool show. Plus she had a T-Shirt on that said: "Kelly - Singer", which cracked me up. I should get one of those "James: Percussion Guy" :-)

Jaime drove home - from Castle Rock. Some good night-driving experience. Didn't do too much for the tightness in my shoulders, but besides wondering across the white line on a few curves, and almost pulling into the little truck next to us that "was in my blind spot", it all went good. She's learning and doing well.

Ah... a good exchange... We are about 5 blocks from home, heading to Denver.

M: I already filled up the tank with gas, so we don't have to stop.
J: Oh my gosh... I forgot the tickets!

That was good for several conversations on "Wow... what if I hadn't remembered till we got there", etc. :-)

Also listened to VanHalen all the way up and back. Preperation for the August concert... I have to remember to keep checking on when those go on sale.

There... pretty much caught up now.

No comments: