Saturday, April 17, 2004

Computers, they are so picky.

Did Jaime's taxes late on the 15th. Yesterday I received mail containing the dreaded phrase, "Your federal return was rejected for the reason(s) cited in TaxCut.". Yeah... not something I wanted to see. In general, I hate paper. Sigh, looked like I would have to print the forms, sign them, mail them in, etc. However, I went into TaxCut, pulled up the status, and it told me the return was rejected because the birthday was wrong... WHAT?! (Much to Jaime's dismay, and in no way having anything to do with my love for her, for quite some time I was unsure about her birth DAY. What is the 21st or the 20th? Its one of my problems, given I make a mistake and make a wrong pick in a choice of two, I am forever thinking... wait... is this the right choice or the wrong one. However, I have recently firmly committed to my failing memory that it is the 20th. So I was a little dismayed to see that the govn't thought it WASN'T the 20th). Turns out that I had entered one of her SSN digits wrong... The IRS of course does not look her up by name, but by SSN. Everything is verified against that.

Fixed the digit and resubmitted... hopefully it will go through this time!

No comments: