Monday, June 07, 2004

And a good Sunday of cooking

Went to Pastor Joe's to play cards Sunday afternoon. Since it is so nice out, I suggested a "bring your own meat to grill and a dish to pass" bbq. We ate a quick lunch, I got the deposit done, and then picked up some meat and salad/fruit and headed over. I was the last one there and people were done preping their food and Pastor Joe had the grill going. I ended up doing all the cooking (Yah!)

It was very cool - since people had brought very different stuff.

I grilled:
  • 2 pork tenderloins w/ BBQ sauce, and asparagrus
  • Salmon with lemon and dill
  • Marinated chicken breast
  • Hot dogs
  • Italian sausage with peppers and onions

Pastor Joe has a very nice grill, double rack, and I was able to get everything on it at once. Just shuffling things around, so the sausage grease was falling on the peppers/onions to keep them from drying out, moving the chicken up to the top once it was done and waiting for the pork to finish, etc.

Pretty much everything took a different amount of time to cook, and I timed it so all the meat went on at once, and came off at the sime time (by moving things from hotter to cooler spots). My idea of a fun time! It was awesome. And everyone had more than enough food for themselves, so we all shared. Great fun!

I'd do it every week! Like I've said before, its such a great time of fellowship and for the staff to get together.

No comments: