Monday, June 28, 2004

Worship - flowing with the spirit

Another post on flowing with the spirit during worship.

Sunday was really cool. As I've mentioned before, we are starting to flow more and more with the Spirit. We were doing (some song - I'm so bad with titles) that we haven't done for quite a while. It was a worship song. We were bringing it down and Steve rolled the chorus several times. Teresa then pointed to Bobby and he started playing lead. It was building and I came off the congas and started playing my "big drum". (I don't know the name - its just a really big drum that I play with mallets that are about 2.5 feet long). It just felt like I should go there.

I was starting to feel it, but kind of playing the normal kind of thing I play. But playing with my eyes closed and just kind of "listening". And then Bobby took it somewhere different. He started playing a different lead - a different rhythm. At least it sounded different to me. :) It just went somewhere else. And I just went with it and started playing something different. It was very cool. And then I started doing this thing where I play the drum (pretty deep), but also play the sticks against the side, to get this clicking sound. Nothing really on purpose. Just a feel. I just start doing it. It was so cool. (Not that what I was doing was cool... but just that the feeling was so cool).

So we stayed in that for some time and then Teresa said that instead of breaking and then going to pray and coming back, we'd just keep going. If someone had to do something before church they could, but whoever wanted to keep going could. So we just kept at it and took it into worship. We probably played that one song for 15 or 20 minutes. - That is one thing about flowing - time just stops. I have no idea how long it is. I've played for over and hour and looked up w/o realizing how much time has passed.

It was so very cool. Its getting cooler every time. We then started with our "normal" worship. It was good, and we flowed some, but it seems like we haven't made that "breakthrough" in service yet. It was good, but not as good as practice. I'm not complaining, just stating it. But, we are getting there. Every part of us playing (practice, congregational worship, etc.) is getting better. Very cool stuff.

No comments: