Monday, June 28, 2004

When it rains, it pours

Yesterday about 3:30 or so (whenever I was done doing the deposit at church), the rain just started COMING DOWN. I mean it was in waves. I stayed at the church for a few minutes, then sprinted for the Jeep... with a heavy deposit bag in one hand (11 rolls of pennies from Children's Church :)), by percussion duffle bag thrown over my bad, and nothing on but a vest and sandles (well and my other clothes of course). Threw open the door and jumped in, with my duffle bag on my bag, half way soaked.

I then headed down to the bank (Palmer Park and Powers). Wow... there were cars with water up to their frames, one car off in the ditch with water swelling around it, and numerous places where you couldn't see while you were driving because there was so much water coming up over the windshield. Seeing as I was in the Jeep it was actually kind of fun! :) But I'm sure others in cars, the fire department (who I saw going on 3 calls in about 15 minutes), etc. did not think so...

No comments: