Friday, May 14, 2004

Looks like things are working

So I've got my new laptop, which seems pretty nice, and I've got the main apps I used loaded. All my data seems to have made it, so things are looking pretty good. Spent all of yesterday transfering/loading data, reinstalling applications, setting network connections, etc.

Still have a few secondary apps to load, but I'll get those done today.

They didn't have our replicator ports, or USB connectors for mouse/keyboard, so I'm using the touchpad for a mouse (which isn't automatic for me), but besides that all seems good.

Applications in order of loading
  • Exceed: so I could run X
  • Cygwin: so I could scp my data
  • Mozilla: cuz apparently most everything I do now is driver based: Wiki, ChatZilla, browsing
  • Mozex: so I more easily edit in the Wiki
  • TextPad: so I had a good editor to hook into Mozex
  • Outlook: once I got my data, then put back my address book/mail folders. Yeah, I'm still using Outlook and haven't gone to Mozilla for mail... yet.
  • MailWasher: to filter all the SPAM.
  • Entrust, etc. so I could VPN
And that's about it. Today I'll load Rational Rose for modeling and RCS to CM the model. And I think I'll have my primary/secondary apps all loaded.

Then I'll just need to load WinAmp, etc.

No comments: