Monday, May 24, 2004

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to get up in the morning...

So I'm at work and I had a discuss with my manager on Friday about getting a kit out. (He wanted it out ASAP and wanted to know where we were with getting some of the bugs in). One of the developer's is working a ton of "cleanup" stuff, so he has a number of bugs he is working (some for the next kit, some for a later kit) as well as some new functionality he is putting in. All pretty small stuff, but a number of things at once. So, this weekend I sent him mail with a subject of "Task priority" - outlining the order in which I'd like him to get his tasks done. (Work the bugs for the kit that is going out immediately first, etc.)

Me: How are things going?
Him: Good, I'm working on testing xxx, I've almost got it done.
Me: Cool. Did you get that mail from me on task priority?
Him: Yeah... but I'm finishing up all this other stuff before I read it. But I did mark it as important and unread so I'd make sure and read it later.
Me: inward groan. Ok... but you might want to read it first, since it outlines the order in which I'd like you to work your tasks.

Ya know... sometimes you just have to look at things as great blog material, laugh, and go on with your day. ;-)

No comments: