Thursday, May 27, 2004

Writing Browswer independent code

Well my "Links", "Previous Posts" and "Archives" now show up if you are using Mozilla or if you are using IE. Because they always display in IE (since it doesn't support the latest CSS techniques), I moved them from the top back to the sidebar. If they were at the top, they'd cover up part of my blog entries and the profile. Moving them back to the sidebar got them out of the way. So, not ideally where I'd like them... but works for the main two browsers... which is the best design.

Thanks again to Eric Shepherd's Tulipe design on cssZenGarden. Looking at that showed me how to create the drop-downs in the first place, and then looking at it again showed me how I could write the css so it would support both Mozilla and IE.

No comments: